...Menu Monday...

Hey everyone, I can't believe it's Monday already. Today has been a bit crazy. I came home early as our oldest (nearly 13) was under the weather and decided to stay home from school. Now, please note, this is the FIRST day all school year he has missed... for anything.

I had a gut feeling something was wrong... way wrong. I decided to take him to the doctor. Appt was at 3:15p, but due to the enormous amount of people in the lobby, I knew it would be at LEAST an hour wait... I was wrong... 1 1/2 hours.

They took J back, weighed him, etc. Took his temp... I about fell on the floor. 104 F temp
Oxygen levels were dangerously low... nasal swabs... and the diagnosis... Influenza B... the nasty, dangerous flu that is making it's way around the country. Poor kiddo... he is just miserable. He is laying on the floor in front of me as I type this with a big comforter and giant body pillow. His fever finally broke about 8:15p. AND he can't go back to school until Thursday, minimum. Plus, it's State Assessments this week. UGH!

So, tonight J had soup. Little brother R had to have what big brother had instead of what was on our plan... so R had soup. But daddy and I had the Pork Laredo... pretty good! Thank goodness for stockpiling. I had tons of soup, gatorade and Aleve/Tylenol. I did have to pick up Sprite and popsicles for him though. Say a prayer for J to get better soon.

Menu for the Week

Monday- Pork Laredo (using leftover crockpot roast from Sunday... recipe actually calls for shredded chicken, but this worked great)

Tuesday- Sloppy Joes & Chips

Wednesday- Chicken Fajitas

Thursday- Leftovers

Friday- Making pizza at a girlfirend's house... as hubby i going with her hubby for boy bonding time

Saturday- Lasagna

Sunday- Beef Stroganoff

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Frugal is Fabulous - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template