Thrift Stores ??

People that know me well know that I make no apologies for where I do most of my family's clothing shopping... Salvation Army.

Why? Well, my mantra is "NEVER, never ever pay retail again!". And I don't. I have a 13 yr old boy that has grown 4 inches in 6 months. As you can imagine, this causes complications for pants specifically.

I often find jeans for him at Goodwill on Santa Fe for $4.99 each. Name brands- Levis, Tommy Hilfiger, FUBU and others. So, for the price of ONE pair of brand new jeans, I can get 8 pair!

Salvation Army has better price points, however. Here is a run down on their special deals (Kansas City region):

M-T-W 50% off all clothing
Fri 50% off children's clothing
3rd Monday of every month, 75% off all clothing- next one is 12/15/08- next Monday
1st Monday of every month 75% off ANYTHING in the store (age 62 or over)

The clothing items I pick up for myself are name brand, often with tags still on them. AND they are the clothing items people make comments on. I found a great vintage zebra trench that gets raves... price paid? $2.75!!

Happy Shopping!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Frugal is Fabulous - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template